It occurred to me while writing yesterday's post that I must have been blind not to see this coming. I will enumerate here the signs that should have been clear but were not:
- All of sudden your boss wants to quantify your workload. "How many (clients, vendors, widgets) do you see a week?"
- There is a immediate need to "back-up" all the computers in your office, or worse, just yours.
- Your company gives seminars on foreclosure, "doing more with less," etc. My personal favorite was our credit union openly offering loans when they had previously been very stingy.
- Unexplained workers with tape measures show up in your cubicle and talk about you in the third person, while you're sitting there. Hello...... I can hear you!
- Your email doesn't work one morning and the IT department calls it a "hiccup"...