Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Guess I'm Just Stupid

Monday 2 weeks left

I didn't get the job I interviewed for, and that's OK because another "preferential re-hire" person got it. I say to myself, "self; that's the way it should be. That's how it's supposed to work - that job was at his level and he was moved across." Little did I know.

Chart 1


















In reality, I find out that the person who got the job I interviewed for wasn't even laid off yet. He was verbally told he would be laid off and they give him one of the jobs now open in their office. So he types up his own paperwork in order to get a job under the preferential re-hire program. In fact, he wasn't actually laid off until he tells his boss what they can do with their internal "re-hire" assignment. They don't tell HR, so on the books he has two jobs! In the meantime, there are more layoffs coming so everyone is in a holding pattern while they manipulate the system. For those of you who are lost, here's what really happened:




















I have spent my life playing by the rules and being a good worker bee. I don't have low friends in high places. Apparently, I don't have any friends anywhere - well, not with the kind of power I need.

No comments: