Friday, October 16, 2009

The Party's Over

Friday, 1o days left

Now that I'm down to two weeks left, people are getting used to the idea of me leaving. I can't say as I feel the same way. I have been asked where I want to go for my goodbye lunch. This is the final nail in the coffin. The corporate version of the last meal. I'm also asked who I would like to have attend. Hmmm, I dunno. Andre Eithier? Sean Connery? Jason Statham? Oh, they probably mean people there. My mind wanders a lot lately.

Ever the team player, I tell them anyone who wants to come should be invited. A suggestion is made by my closer co-workers that we should go out the night before for happy hour. Never one to say no to a free margarita and little teeny tacos, I say yes. I know that the purpose of this event is to trash those that need to be trashed, and I'm in dire need of that. My last day, and meal, will need to be sappy and sad, and I'm already dreading it. DWW.....

I just want to slink away into the night without any more histrionics. I'm emotionally bankrupt -which I find oddly appropriate.

1 comment:

Plentymorefishoutofwater said...

Uch, the leaving lunch. Not sure I can handle another of THOSE in my lifetime. Good luck BB x